Universal Waste Recycling Guide

At HSU we recycle Universal Waste items, such as batteries, printer ink cartridges and compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. Our U-waste recycling also includes electronic devices, such as computers, microwaves, phones and gaming consoles.

Did you know that it is illegal to put U-waste in a landfill bin? U-Waste must also be recycled separately from mixed recycling in one of the many U-waste recyclers on campus. See the downloadable U-Waste Recycling Guide below for allowable items and drop-off locations: 

Guide to U-Waste Recycling

Universal Waste Recycling Guide front page

Bins for u-waste (batteries, disks, cables, CFLs, ink cartridges) and e-waste (electronics) can be found in the SAC Lounge, 1st floor of Founders Hall, main exit from the Library, 1st floor NR building, 3rd floor JGC, College Creek Mailroom